HP3000-L Archives

September 2000, Week 1

From:
Karl Hancock <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karl Hancock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 10:49:00 -0600
Yesterday I sent out an e-mail about a problem we are having with sendmail
on the 3K when trying to send to a particular mail server.  I still have not
resolved the issue but have more information.

This particular host does not have the MX record defined as mail.domain.com
(ie. mail.ihc.com), it is defined as something else, in this case
tethys.ihc.com.  Sendmail can't find a user.  The error is user unknown,
then a Data memory trap error.  I have tried [log in to unmask] and
[log in to unmask] and the errors are the same.

Any ideas would be appreciated.