SCUBA-SE Archives

September 2000

From:
Lee Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 13:44:32 -0400
Reef Fish wrote:

> If you're a dolphin-dive fan, the shallow banks on the north side of Grand
> Bahamas is a possibility.  It was (quite a few years ago) a $30 cab ride
> from Freeport.  If it's any more laid back, you would be asleep.

Without taking anything away from the points you made, Grand Bahama is
probably my least favorite island, at least since Jack Tar Village that used
to be on West End closed.  I just hate Freeport and have yet to be impressed
by the reefs or wrecks around the island.  Once away from Freeport, the
island is laid back, but no more so than any of the other less touristy
islands.  I'm not sure that even the prospect of diving wtih dolphins would
get me back there.

Lee