SCUBA-SE Archives

September 2000

From:
Mike Wallace <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 13:11:53 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Reef Fish" <[log in to unmask]>

> NOW ask the same question about ... 218 fsw, say.   Some may be
> surprised that you don't die as easily as you might think at that
> depth.    :-)   It depends on ... the TIME OF EXPOSURE.

Time of exposure is certainly of essence here but there are physiological
forces at  play here too. For instance you may very well be able to do that
218fsw dive for 60 or 90 or more minutes and never experience any toxicity
problems, while I might tox in a matter of seconds of reaching that
particular PO2.

Mike