SCUBA-SE Archives

September 2000

From:
David Strike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 08:42:33 +1000
On Tuesday, September 12, 2000 6:03 PM, Krazy Kiwi wrote:

> >Having said that, I'm now finding the backplate, harness and wings
> >one of the most comfortable and easy rigs that I've ever worn.  Who
> >cares if I need to add an extension to the crotch strap!  :-)
> >Strike

> An *extension* eh ;-)  OOooOO I will have to check out these crotch straps
> in more detail next time I meet the gang for a NEDfest dive :-)

A year or so back somebody asked the question:  "What's the difference
between the USN's Mk16 rebreather and the RAN's A5800?"  (The A5800 is a
derivative of the MK 16 and essentially the same machine.)  The answer came
back that the only difference was in the length of the crotch strap.  The
Ozzie divers required longer ones in the interest of comfort!  :-)

> Talking about NEDfest dives ... I plan to have a mini-NEDfest next weekend
> with Huw. He currently is crawling around in the bush off Adelaide & hopes
> to arrive in Perth around the 21st.  We plan to get a few days diving in.
> Maybe a snorkel with the sealions off Carnac Island, now its finally
> warming up ... and I hope, swell permitting, to take him for a shore dive
> off Cottesloe Beach to the nursery area - octopus, sea cucumbers, port
> jackson sharks, seahares, seapens, etc. Unfortnately the Seadragons wont
be
> that easy to find due to the amount of seagrass & seaweed around in this
> area.

Viv!  You mentioned the other day that the weedy seadragons aren't a
protected species in WA.  What's the story with that?

As for Huw.  Just make sure to feed him Tim-Tams and coffeee after the dive!
We spoiled him when he was in Sydney!  :-)

Strike