SCUBA-SE Archives

September 2000

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Sep 2000 12:34:36 -0400
On Sat, 9 Sep 2000 12:39:44 +0100, Aldo P. Solari [APS]
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Bob,  you  have  to  work  out  your  level  of agression and bad
>language  usage.

What bad language use?   To tell you that you've misused the term
"a binomial" and told you WHY after you tried to explain away your
unintelligible gibberish?

>E-mail is not beyond social norms.

Nor intellectual norms of minimal competency in a DISCUSSION.

Look who's talking about social norms?  Most of the regular posters
here have been with this group for YEARS and hold a strong
comaraderie and respect for what each other's views though we
STRONGLY disagree on some of them.

You, on the other hand, steps in here CLUELESS, and conducted
yourself in such a way that you haven't impressed anyone except
yourself.

>You cannt go around  calling  people  nasty things all the time.

Who me?  I only present REASONED ARGUMENTS against points and acts
by posters, such as YOURSELF.

Calling people nasty things all the time?  Is that your HUMOR?  ;-)
Or has Hugh Huntzinger been coaching you in Scuba-L about me?

Look at all the INTELLIGENT and FREQUENT posters all around you ...
such as Strike, Bjorn, Mike Wallace, ... the list is LONG.  When
have said anything "nasty" about them?   When the occasions arose
(and those were YEARS ago), I have straightforwardly and strongly
CORRECTED them, as I have done to nearly everyone in scuba lists.

Why should I treat YOU any differently?  The only difference between
you and them is that you're too OBTUSE to learn.

> I am afraid I
>will  not  be  able  to  answer  your queries anymore.
>
>       aldo

You've answered only about 1 in 10.  That was about your use of
the term "a binomial" when you lectured Mike Wallace.  I pointed
out your ERRORS, based on YOUR dictionary citation.

What's YOUR problem in that?  If you have something to say about
me being wrong, then PRESENT your counterpoint!

Stop whining, and stop making gratuitous remarks as you've done
in this and other posts, not only about me, but about others,
such as calling Bjorn "not the dumbest person on this list".

Wise up, Aldo, and lurk awhile before you try to lecture others
on what you think was THEIR misbehavior.

-- Bob.