HP3000-L Archives

August 2000, Week 5

From:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 19:30:01 -0700
Re:
> I've been given a 9-track tape in ascii format from a provider to load on
> our hp3000. I need to restore this data onto my hp3000 and then manipulate
> the file. It is not in HP store format.  Is there anything I can do to get
> this data to the hp3000?

As Wirt pointed out, FCOPY can be used to copy the data from
the tape (assuming the records aren't larger than the file
system max record size, of course).

Our free TAPEANAL (no jokes, please), can help too:
http://www.allegro.com/software/hp3000/allegro.html#TAPEANAL

Stan Sieler                                           [log in to unmask]
www.allegro.com/sieler/wanted/index.html          www.allegro.com/sieler