HP3000-L Archives

August 2000, Week 5

ron darling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 15:28:02 MDT
If the tape is in EBCDIC you will need to skip packed binary and packed decimal
fields.  If it is from an IBM Mainframe you may also need to use FCOPYs DEBLOCK
option to cut the blocks up into individual records.  Hope this helps.

Ron
* Ronald Darling, Data Processing Supervisor                *
* New Mexico Tumor Registry/Epidemiology and Cancer Control *
* Univeristy of New Mexico Health Sciences Center           *
* 2325 Camino de Salud, NE                                  *
* Albuquerque, NM  87131-5306                               *
* (505) 272-8580                                            *