HP3000-L Archives

August 2000, Week 4

From:
Mark Bixby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Bixby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 08:38:35 -0700
Ted Ashton wrote:
>   1) If CSY could make use of our skills as programmers, many of us would be
>      willing to donate time.  The two Marks, among others have already
>      accomplished much in the porting area, but perhaps we could be of use in
>      more primary-MPE projects.  We can't all afford to fund enhancements (or
>      bugfixes), but could, perhaps, do the work.

...snip...

>   3) Some of us, at least, can, and would be happy to serve as an extended
>      portion of the Lab.  Sure, we already do beta-testing of patches, but if
>      there were a way to safely make small portions of the code available, we
>      could, perhaps, also find the bugs and eradicate them.

This sounds like you're sort of describing the Shared Source program:

        http://www.interex.org/tech/3000/hp30003.html

(Hey webmaster@interex, this link is buried WAY too deep at www.interex.org!)

There are still plans to make additional code available under this program.  If
you don't hear anything at HPWorld, be sure to *ask* at SIGMPE or the
roundtables.

- Mark B.