HP3000-L Archives

August 2000, Week 4

From:
Mark Wonsil <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 17:02:31 -0400
dsilva wrote:
> Search, Point click, fill, ship.   That simple.  For my
> order, there was no need to have and employee sitting on a
> chair entering an order.    That overhead cost was totally
> eliminated.  Self-service is an important part of modern
> software solutions for past, current and future business
> models.   Time will support the claims, I am convinced.

Take it a step further.  Why go to the browser?  Why not have your ordering
system do it in the background?  Either you enter a PO by hand or turn an
MRP suggested order into a PO.  Before that, have your system check out a
list of preferred vendors and/or auction sites and see what is out there and
display it for you.  I think this is what will be coming out of ebXML.
Check it out at ebXML.org.  (Of course there are many things for them to
work out yet.)

Mark Wonsil
4M Enterprise,s Inc.