HP3000-L Archives

August 2000, Week 4

From:
"Ritenour, Steven" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ritenour, Steven
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 15:14:09 -0400
Hi All,

  I have just completed installing the gnu core with the gcc compiler and then
took on the perl installation.  Everything appeared to go well.  I notified the
requestor to test things out and he is getting the following error while
attempting to run the printenv perl script in the apache/cgi-bin directory.

shell/iX> perl printenv

**** EXEC FUNCTION FAILED; subsys =517; info = 48
ABORT: PERL.PUB.PERL
NM SYS   a.00ab14a0 dbg_abort_trace+$24
NM UNKN  20c.001fdf9c
NM UNKN  894.0004ac0c
[1] + Done(134) perl printenv
  3539112       Abort   perl

Now when I logon as manager.sys and go into the shell the script runs fine.
This is probably a permission problem somewhere, as manager.sys was my logon
during the installation. I attempted the run this script logged on a mgr.perl
and it fails there too.  Here is the output of a gcc -v:

shell/iX> gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/hppa1.0-hp-mpeix/2.95.1/specs
gcc version 2.95.1 19990816 (release)

and the file varargs.h in the gnu directories does have read access to all.

What should I look at next?

Steven G. Ritenour
Harris Corp.
(321) 674-4938  Voice