HP3000-L Archives

August 2000, Week 3

From:
bArtoque <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 15:39:44 -0600
Good day yee all,

Because we're almost reachin' our userlicense limit, I was wondering wether
it is possible to temporarely raise the userlimit above it's license when
needed. This seems not doable due to the license, but I heard of a site
where they once did this kind of stuff (I believe somewhere deep down in
NMMGR). I was wondering if someone knows about this procedure. It is not
that I'm trying to avoid paying a lot off money for an upgraded license, it
is only a little bit annoying that when you only occassionally surpass the
limit with a couple of users (also due to temporarely 'unreleased' sockets,
although there are recent patches installed on this 5.5 PP7 machine...) you
have the problem of users not being able to log in. Because you can't
upgrade the license with small(er) steps, but almost have to double the
license, you have to pay for much more than you'll probably will ever need.

If there is someone who could help on this, I would be very thankful.

bArtoque    ;-)