HP3000-L Archives

August 2000, Week 3

From:
Mark Wonsil <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 14:15:24 -0400
> How about hitting CNN.COM, and suggesting they do a story on
> the HP e3K?

I have a good friend, a marketing professor, who does interviews for CNN
every so often.  He was telling me that when they call, they already know
what they want you to say.  If you give a different opinion, they stop the
interview right there and move to the next contact.  Since the head of CNN
is a good friend of the President, maybe you could say "Hey, we use a
mass-mailing system that runs on an HPe3000 to defeat Republicans.  But HP
is giving all of its advertising to other operating systems, even some that
are under investigation by the DOJ."  That might get you in the door.  Just
a thought