HP3000-L Archives

August 2000, Week 1

From:
John Painter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Painter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 08:21:16 -0600
MPE Listers:

I apologize in advance for what is basically a plug-- but I am answering
some prior questions on this list concerning 3rd party memory.

It isn't for everyone, but for those who want to install and support
their own memory, third party boards are a very good value. We have used
Kingston memory in our own 3000 systems for years and we've been very
happy. We currently have over 8Gb of Kingston memory running in various
3000 systems.

<blatant plug>

We have also quietly sold Kingston memory for some time. Now, in the
interest in making it more available, we are offering it for sale on our
website. BELIEVE me, we aren't going to retire on the grocery-store type
margins this memory brings, we just wanted to spread the word on this
little known secret. The direct address is:

http://www.internetcsi.com/sampler/

Please understand that this is not supported by HP, you must install it
yourself, and there is a 2-3 week lead time because it is special order
from Kingston. Still, if you are interested, we've made it possible to
easily purchase it.

</blatent plug>

Again, sorry for the advertisement, but we wanted to share the secret
with the elite crew of this list! We certainly don't make a habit of
advertising on this list and this is certainly not going to make us
rich. 'Nuff said.

John Painter
Computer Solutions, Inc.