HP3000-L Archives

August 2000, Week 1

From:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 18:21:32 -0700
Re:

> http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1006-200-2410536.html
>
> I asked around, and confirmed that this is not April.
> Beyond that, I'm truly lost for words.

(Palm and Claudia Schiffer today launched the Palm Vx Claudia Schiffer Edition.)

You wouldn't be so surprised if you watched the "Oxygen Channel"
(which we get on our cable at home). :)

Yesterday, my wife (a programmer) and I were watching a talk show where the
three female hosts were interviewing different women about "hi tech fashions",
including some neat new gadgets....like a cell phone where the speaker looks
like a large earring, and the microphone is a worn on a necklace and looks like
jewelry.  One woman, who I think might have been an ex-model (and might
be the CEO of her company), was showing an interesting wearable "monitor"
that looked like half a pair of glasses, and the "screen" was translucent...
the picture was projected from the earpiece end.

(No, I don't normally watch the show...it was on, I saw the gadgets, so
I got drawn in :)

Stan Sieler                                           [log in to unmask]
www.allegro.com/sieler/wanted/index.html          www.allegro.com/sieler