HP3000-L Archives

August 2000, Week 1

From:
"Stigers, Greg [And]" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stigers, Greg [And]
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 17:40:23 -0400
X-no-Archive:yes
I assume you mean post questions about v-store to other (perhaps seemingly
relevant) groups, and thus baiting this vermin, so those group members
getting rightly peeved at his spam, but not our question?

There have to be a bunch of UNIX / Linux groups out there, where we could
innocently post a simple question about, say, validating backups made with
tar, and just happen to mention that we are used to a STORE / V STORE
combination on another non-UNIX operating system... And where possible,
responding to any replies, quoting the original mention of V STORE, so as to
multiply the offense of others?

Isn't there a Nietzsche quote about not becoming a dragon when fighting
dragons? Or, how about, lead us not into temptation... because this is a
pretty tempting idea.

I did forward the posting with headers (which I don't believe revealed
anything inobvious) to deja, so there is a fair chance that our boy Cotter
is already out of commission. With any luck, deja might have reported him up
stream to his ISP, some of whom are small enough not to have time for
nonsense, and drop offenders like a bad habit.

Greg Stigers
http://www.cgiusa.com