HP3000-L Archives

August 2000, Week 1

From:
Barry Lake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Barry Lake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 18:40:10 -0700
At 6:25 PM -0700 8/4/00, [log in to unmask] wrote:
>> Arkansas is the only state (actually, the only spot in North America) where
>> diamonds can be found.
>
>No...there's a diamond mine somewhere in the Northern Territory of Canada..
>the strike was last year, IIRC.

For years, one of Arkansas' claims to fame (before Clinton) was that it had
the only deposit of diamonds in North America. This was apparently true all
the way up until the early 90's. I, however, didn't keep up on the current
geological trivia, especially since I moved away from Arkansas in 1988, and
never learned that my factoid had become false.

*Many* individuals have taken great pleasure in pointing out my error. For
a potential California source of diamonds, please see

   http://www.diademresources.com/

Click on the properties tab and then the diamonds in California tab.

---

BTW, the other factoid about "tp" was supposed to be "ltp", however Gavin's
list  shows a few of those, too. (But at least not hundreds!). That's one
I'm dropping from the database.

---

B.