HP3000-L Archives

August 2000, Week 1

From:
Jerry Fochtman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jerry Fochtman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 17:09:07 -0500
There are a number of aspects CSY enjoys as a division within HP is that it
can take advantage which it may lose as a separate company:

1) The majority of the hardware R&D expenditures used on the other
platforms for technology development.  How would it gain access to the
hardware technology and development resources without a need to increase cost.

2) Funds for capital development are provided from Corporate.  As a separate
company, these funds would have to from from retained earnings, capital
markets, venture capitalists or sale of stock.

3)  Currently CSY has no infustructure to provide customer support.  This
would have to be purchased from HP or developed.

Just a few of the many business issues to ponder when talking about making
CSY a separate company.... there's a lot to running a company that CSY
itself does not have and would need to be successful.  And it requires some
resources to provide for these things... ;-)