SCUBA-SE Archives

August 2000

From:
Christian Gerzner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 21:20:58 +1000
Folks,

With one exception, and this is not that one, I get the Digest version
of the lists that I subscribe to.

OK, before you ask. I keep a _very_ strict distinction between w**k and
play. I very (as in almost never) rarely spend w**k time on play stuff
and so I have both w**k and play addresses. I tend to respond to play
stuff all in the one session, usually at the same time each day on
w**king days although not necessarily so on weekends when things, of
course, vary.

Because I tend to respond to play stuff all at the one time, I like
digests, it keeps it neat (please don't tell me about filters, I know
about that and it has its own problems, depending on browser).

Usually, actually almost always, digests are not a problem.

They become a problem when there is a flame war, something that seems to
happen on this list rather more, almost to the tune of 100% (I admit I
do not subscribe to Rec Scuba) than any other.

Then someone innocently says sump'n like "Oi, cease and desist" to which
the protagonists, one or t'other or both reply "use the delete key."

Well, I can't since I have the Digest. I have to laboriously scroll down
and, quite frankly, I'm getting sick and tired of it.

Solutions anyone?

Christian