SCUBA-SE Archives

August 2000

From:
David Strike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 16:51:49 +1000
On Thursday, August 03, 2000 12:08 PM, Reef Fish wrote:

(snip)
> >That's "Muvver", to you!  <G>  (Only Little Red Riding Hood calls me
> >"Mother")  :-)

> So YOU are the one who used "Little Red Riding Hood" on J.. Ja..
> you-know-who, and I was accused by Dan Crawford of having been
> that person!   :-)

'Tweren't me, Chief!  (At least, I don't *think* that it was!)  :-)

Michael wrote:
> >>Actually, I prefer Gertrude Stein's version. The one about horticulture.

> >I'm forced to ask ...  What was it?  :-)

> That's Strike 1 for deficiency in literary adage!  :-)  "You can't
> take a whore to culture".  :-))

I blame it on a poor edukayshun!  (Which is strange when you consider that I
went to an approved school!!!!)  :-)

> Strike 2 for the use of "old
> adage" according to my weekly English instructor James J. Kilpatrick
> in his columns on "Peeves, Irks, and Crotchets".  There ain't new
> adages.  :-)

Damn, Kilpatrick - and a pox of wrinkles on him for being right!  <G>
(Sylvia bought me a 303 page book called,  "Shakepeare's Insults"!!  Imagine
being banned from a list for attempting to raise the cultural tone!)  :-)

Strike