SCUBA-SE Archives

August 2000

Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 21:48:18 -0500
<SNIP>
> Point conceded.  Still, I think I've seen quite a bit of discussion on the
> ease of transition from one agency to another.  I don't think SDI/TDI is
> alone in this, but they may be in the minority.
>
> Lee

Hmmmm.  I have done a cross-over (albeit at the dive master level.)  Wasn't
all that easy (had to pass the NAUI Master Diver Test) from a text book
learning POV but wasn't all that hard either.  The additional in-water
skills were trivial and beneath notice.  All-in-all, I guess I would have to
say that doing it 'by the book' isnt all that much harder than signing a
form assuming what most of us would consider to be a reasonable level of
competency.

CH