SCUBA-SE Archives

August 2000

From:
Krazy Kiwi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 05:49:44 -0400
John Bird <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>--- Krazy Kiwi <[log in to unmask]> wrote: >
>> Barramundi can grow to a size of at least 150cm total length &
>> 50kb weight.... snip .. blah, blah :-)

>And Viv forgot to add, they are mighty fine eating. Firm, white
>flesh and a wonderful flavour. Baby Barra a favorite on many a
>restaurant bill-o-fare.
>I like mine battered and deep fried with chips. Mmmmmmm!! Pass
>the tartare sauce please!

Hi John,
My favorite fish, next to red emperor or dhufish .. cooked in light beer
batter of course. Lick of lips :-)
What I am amazed at with the barra is the fish scales .. the size & metalic
colour of them is stunning. I'd hate to be the guy who has to clean the
damn thing up as those scales are tough as nails.
Viv