SCUBA-SE Archives

August 2000

From:
Krazy Kiwi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 23:32:44 -0400
Last night a news item flashed up on the tv that made me feel sick.
Especially as I had just returned from my favourite seafood restaurant ..
having my usual barramundi, chips & salad.

A head (human) was found inside the stomach of a 44kg 180cm morgan cod. The
grisly find was discovered at a seafood processing plant in Cairns. The
name of the filleting factory was 'A Fine Kettle of Fish'. Bet they got the
shock of their life.

The fish had been caught by a line fisherman off Townsville during the
weekend & he had dropped it in to the factor to be kept on ice until they
got around to filleting it. The head was whole, Morgan cod suck in their
prey as they do not have sharp teeth. Police took the remains away in a
body bag & suspect it may be part of a missing fisherman who fell off a
trawler near Slasher's Reef.
Viv