SCUBA-SE Archives

August 2000

From:
Krazy Kiwi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Aug 2000 22:19:19 -0400
Christian Gerzner <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>Copied from Doc Campbell's pages (I'm sure the good Doc won't mind)
><http://www.gulftel.com/~scubadoc/> I recommend that you subscribe.
>
>I QUOTE:
>Russian Submarine Medical Concerns
<big snip of the kiwi shears>

>I feel that the Russian Navy dealt a terrible blow to the sailors of
>the Kursk. The least that we can hope for now is that the authorities
>over there have learned from their mistakes even though their track
>record in this regard is not, to put it mildly, good.

Christian,
The authorities will just put their heads in the sand & pretend nothing
happened. I was flabbergasted when the big man himself went on holidays!!
Out of sight, out of mind attitude!

If it was not for the media (in its various forms) most of us would
probably not have heard about this disaster. They have stooped even lower
by sedating upset relatives without their conscent. Blame everyone else
except themselves for the accident. What next.
Viv