SCUBA-SE Archives

August 2000

From:
Mike Wallace <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 22:27:38 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Lee Bell" <[log in to unmask]>

> Bob, with no intent at sarcasm, I wonder why you cared what part of the
> wreck the boat was tied to.  I don't think I've ever done a wreck dive
where
> I cared what part of the wreck the line was attached to and honestly
wonder
> why it matters.  Obviously you cared, or at least did.  What am I missing?

Note that I'm not answering for Bob, but for myself. On many wrecks,
especially deeper penetration dives, divers want to be hooked into or near a
particular point of entrance on a particular wreck. This is so they can
continue a previous exploration or artifact recovery. On the deeper wrecks,
the least amount of swimming you have to do prior to penetration, the better
off you are. Most don't care where the wreck is hooked on a non penetration
dive.

Mike