SCUBA-SE Archives

August 2000

From:
Lee Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 23:22:55 -0400
Bob wrote:

> But that was better than the DM at Lady Cyana Divers (supposed one of the
> best dive operations in FL) who couldn't tell (and didn't bother to find
out when
> asked) which part of the Eagle wreck was the boat tied to.

Lady Cyana Divers is not, in my opinion, one of the best operations in
Florida.  They are one of the few Keys operators that will visit more
remote, more advanced sites on request and, generally do a reasonably good
job.  Free hot dogs prior to the afternoon dives doesn't hurt.  I formerly
thought more of them, but a recent trip kind of sullied their reputation a
bit.  On both dives, they used a grappling hook anchor over coral and on one
dive, they dropped a lead weighted ascent line that bounced off the coral
with each wave that passed.  To their credit, this was a special charter and
may not have been captained or manned by normal Lady Cyana employees.

Bob, with no intent at sarcasm, I wonder why you cared what part of the
wreck the boat was tied to.  I don't think I've ever done a wreck dive where
I cared what part of the wreck the line was attached to and honestly wonder
why it matters.  Obviously you cared, or at least did.  What am I missing?

Michael Doelle wrote:

> I bother. That's one of the dives VERY high on my list after returning to
> Europe. I'll start planning that one after I've moved the center of the
> universe.

You mean the other center, right?

Lee