SCUBA-SE Archives

August 2000

Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 16:59:21 -0100
At 10:28 07/08/00 -0400, Confucio wrote:

>Uncommon?!. I'm unique! Surely you are one of those ignorant
>Americans who believe Confucius is a cheese, instead of a
>(wise) Chinese. :-)

Well, assuming you are not a troll, you did pick the wrong guy to talk
about Confucius and Chinese.  I wonder if you are able to reply when Bob
writes to you in fluent Cantonese (or is it Kantonese?) :-)

>By the way who is that DF named Giovanni Marola?

A pariticipant in the other list you mentioned and one of Bob's best
friends in Italy :-)

>why in the net one can find two Scuba related Lists? One is
>named Scuba-l and the other scuba-se.

I am Jewish so my reply will be a question:
Why not?

>What's the difference?

One list is running on the Brown University server and the other on the
server of the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga :-)

Beside that?
Scuba-SE has been a very quiet list until last June.  Then there was an
enourmous cyber war on scuba-l and some of us migrated to scuba-se, where
the honorable Jeff Kell who runs this list, gave us refuge.

You can subscribe to both and decide which one is more appealing to you (or
you can read both and write to both, as long as you don't crosspost).

Regards,

                   Kuty