SCUBA-SE Archives

August 2000

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 18:09:58 -0400
On Tue, 1 Aug 2000 16:06:11 -0400, Michael Doelle
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Bob wrote:
>
>>As I said to Lee, from which this original thread continued and
>branched, "Florida is NOT the center of the universe" by which
>SCUBA activities are, or should be, judged.<
>
>Of course it is. *I'm* here. But the center of the universe will shift to
>Munich in October.

I figured that much from the way you talked.  ;-)

>>That's obvious.  Two dives.  That was enough to convince me never to
>return there.  :-)<
>
>OK. So it takes 2 dives to rate Key Largo.

No, 2 dives to rate Molasses Reef -- remember?  THAT's what were
talking about.  But you're close to the extent that 2 dives in each
of the Upper, Middle, and Key West convinced me that there are MUCH
BETTER diving in the rest of the world -- I haven't even made a dent
in many of those places, YET.

If I live another 1,000 years, I MAY have exhausted the OTHER locations
and MAY try Florida again, but not before then.  :-)

>>In the US, where else besides Florida and Southern Cal?<
>
>Texas, Vancouver (ok, not US). The rest I don't know, except for Cal.

Not sure if ALL the DMs in Southern Cal and Texas don't get wet.
Even the DM in WESTERN Florida (Redneck Riviera) get wet.  Jeff
can tell you how the DM tied the boat to a dumpster mistaking it
to be the barge we were supposed to dive.   But that was better
than the DM at Lady Cyana Divers (supposed one of the best dive
operations in FL) who couldn't tell (and didn't bother to find
out when asked) which part of the Eagle wreck was the boat tied to.

>>I've never heard anyone using "Europe" in "XXX".  :-)<
>
>Depends on who you talk to, I guess. WWW territory it ain't. How about a
>Norway NED Fest to dive with the orcas?
>
>michael

Why bother.  Peter Hughes is sending out email about his liveaboards
diving with Orcas and lots of OTHER good stuff.

-- Bob.