HP3000-L Archives

July 2000, Week 4

From:
Jim Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 16:19:28 -0400
Recently I wrote:

> Anyway, the problem is that, while TCP/IP and NetBuei are both installed,
> and TCP/IP is working (I can get to the HPe3K and PING other machines, and
> the default logon is set to Client For Microsoft Networks, the user is
never
> presented with the "Enter your password for Microsoft Networking" message
> box when the machine boots up.  As a result (or consequence or cause, I'm
> not sure which), you cannot browse the network using Network Neighborhood
> (minor problem), nor can you map any network drives (the major problem).
> I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the network protocols and clients
> to no avail.  Any other ideas?

I should have mentioned that this is on a Windows 95 machine connected via a
network to a bunch of other stand-alone Windows 95 machines.  There is no NT
domain or logon being done.

Jim Phillips                            Therm-O-Link, Inc.
MIS Manager                        1295 Henry Brennan
Voice: 915-860-9933             El Paso, Texas
Fax: 915-860-9936                 79936
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web: www.tolwire.com