HP3000-L Archives

July 2000, Week 4

From:
John Zoltak <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Zoltak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 08:48:14 -0400
Jeff,

On Windows NT, if you're using a multi-processor machine, the task manager
performance view shows a window for each processor. Also Performance Monitor
lets you add a trend for each processor. If task manager does not show more
than one processor, then your NT installation is only using one processor.
If you've installed NT on a single processor machine, then upgraded to a
dual processor machine you won't have the multi-processor kernel and will
still be using only one processor. If this is the case, there is a MS
knowledgebase article the tells you how to upgrade.

HTH,
John Zoltak
North American Mfg Co
Cleveland Ohio