HP3000-L Archives

July 2000, Week 4

From:
Ted Ashton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ted Ashton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 07:31:34 -0400
Thus it was written in the epistle of Jeff Kell,

> (2) On 95/98, I recall once running a built-in Windows utility that
>     brought up some menus related to Windows startup that let you edit
>     the startup sequence.  No just the startup group of the start menu
>     but also some entries in the registry that automatically launched
>     programs at startup.

You already have answers for the built-in, so here's a recommendation for
freeware.  There's a package called "Startup Manager" (I believe it's freeware,
but it might be shareware) which does this very nicely for any version of
windows I've ever tried it on and I believe that includes 95, 98 and NT 4.0.

Ted
--
Ted Ashton ([log in to unmask]), Info Sys, Southern Adventist University
In the physical world, one cannot increase the size or quantity of anything