HP3000-L Archives

July 2000, Week 4

From:
Ted Ashton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ted Ashton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 14:53:11 -0400
Thanks to those who have answered so far (the response has not been
overwhelming, but certainly helpful).  A couple have mentioned performance.
I relaly don't know much about SQL bases, only having used mysql a couple of
times.  Could someone who knows more about actual performance give me some
wisdom regarding this?  I'd of course be glad to know why the performance is
better, but I'm also interested in anecdotes, actual tests or general
comments regading IMAGE performance vs. SQL.

And once again, my sincere thanks,
Ted
--
Ted Ashton ([log in to unmask]), Info Sys, Southern Adventist University
We could present spatially an atomic fact which contradicted the laws of