HP3000-L Archives

July 2000, Week 4

From:
Ted Ashton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ted Ashton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 08:10:55 -0400
Thus it was written in the epistle of Andrew Cartledge,
> Please feel free to correct me, but there appears no hard evidence that the
> HP is REALLY investing in the 3000.

I'd say that rather gently around the folks who are, as we speak, making MPE
run on IA-64, cautiously around those who have been regularly turning out
improvements in IMAGE and Posix and even a bit quietly about whoever it was
took the time to give us the new web page for configuring 3000 systems, small
as that may seem.

HP has never moved quickly when it comes to the 3000 (and, while I do have the
typical programmer's impatience, I'm still glad they don't because quality
takes time and I'd far rather they keep the quality extremely high and bring
things out slowly) but they aren't stopped and I don't expect they will be.

Ted
--
Ted Ashton ([log in to unmask]), Info Sys, Southern Adventist University
[Occam's Razor:]