HP3000-L Archives

July 2000, Week 4

From:
Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 18:17:58 EDT
Gavin writes:

> > Thus it was written in the epistle of Johnson, Tracy,
>  > > I noticed there has never been any cool looking totem (or icon)
>  > > for the HP e3000, like the "feather" for Apache, or the "Penguin"
>  > > for Linux, or the "CONCORDE"! for Powerhouse....
>  >
>  > Is the Cheetah in use already?
>
>  http://www.adcritic.com/superbowl/content/mountain-dew-bad-cheeta.html

Gavin's site has -- by far and away -- my favorite recent SuperBowl
commercial. It's from EDS. To the best of my knowledge, it's only been played
once on commercial TV, but virtually every advertising agency that critiques
the SuperBowl's commercials said afterwards that it was the outstanding
commercial. I wholly agree. You actually have to watch it several times to
get all of the jokes. Even better, it looks as if it was probably filmed in
New Mexico.

The EDS commercial can be seen at:

     http://www.adcritic.com/superbowl/content/eds-cat-herders.html

Wirt Atmar