HP3000-L Archives

July 2000, Week 4

From:
Jerry Fochtman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jerry Fochtman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 18:04:57 -0500
How I read her response is she's relying on Winston to be responsible
for communicating HP's strategy/etc. on the HP3K.  And basically, I
think Winston is doing a great job of exactly that.  Gosh, when was the
last time even Carly mentioned the HP3K....

Given that this division of HP's is not on her radar screen, it would
appear that Ann does not feel that it is important at her level of
Corporate visibility to have to acknowledge this architecture, which
had a major role in HP's move to business computing and continues to
generate a return to the shareholders. I read her response that she
is so tied-up with the other technologies that she'll leave this one
to the division itself, as she can't be bothered.

If 1/2 the folks at her opening keynote address at the upcoming
conference are HP3K folks, I wonder if many will get confused in
Philly and think they're back in Boston.... :-)