HP3000-L Archives

July 2000, Week 3

From:
Tracy Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tracy Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 07:23:09 -0700
Paul Edwards [mailto:[log in to unmask]] replied...

> You want to double up your !s as !!, so the variables get dereferenced
each
> time the HPPROMPT is presented.

...to my...
> > Or you can do it without the 3rd party complexity.  In the
> > same UDC (if you like) that you specify MPEX logon security, add
> > SETVAR HPPROMPT "!HPSYSNAME:!HPUSER.!HPACCOUNT,!HPGROUP:"
> > or whatever

...to which I'd like to add, on-list...

No need in this case, as it gets set at logon.  I do have CHANGEGROUP
subverted to include the exact same SETVAR HPPROMPT, though, which seems to
be the only time it needs to be updated.  (If you're showing HPTIME in your
prompt, you're absolutely right, good point!)

BTW with 3 Reflection windows running usually about 8 different sessions
apiece (via DSLINE constructs), this little SETVAR HPPROMPT
"!HPSYSNAME:!HPUSER.!HPACCOUNT,!HPGROUP:" thing keeps me a bit closer to
sane, as I can always tell which hat I'm wearing.  I have my QEDITPROMPT set
up similarly, with a bit of truncation thrown in to avoid a too-long prompt.

Tracy Pierce