HP3000-L Archives

July 2000, Week 3

From:
Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 19:07:39 EDT
I just wrote:

> This last weekend, Ebert and his co-hosts on the new "Siskel & Ebert at the
> Movies" reviewed the two internet movies that we talked about then:
>
>        "405, The Movie"
>  and
>        "George Lucas in Love"
>
>  While they do have mention of the movies up on their website:
>
>       http://tvplex.go.com/BuenaVista/SiskelAndEbert/ ,
>
>  I was disappointed that they did not include the audio snippets of their
> conversations about the two internet movies, as they do for the regular
> movies. Let me just summarize their comments and say that all three of them
> were more excited about these two short internet movies than they were
about
> any of the regular features they reviewed.

As long as I'm going on about trivial pursuits, let me just add that Ebert et
al. mentioned that the new Lucas movie, "Phantom Menace", is currently (at
this moment) the 29th top selling movie at Amazon.com, and has overnight
delivery capability.

On the other hand, the internet parody, "George Lucas in Love," has now been
converted into a purchasable VHS tape and is currently the number one best
seller on Amazon for all videos, with a 2-week backorder status.

Wirt Atmar