HP3000-L Archives

July 2000, Week 3

Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 16:52:21 -0600
Does anyone know what it means when the little light on the
front of a drive in a HASS enclosure blinks on and off and the
drive doesn't seem to spin-up?  I'm trying to figure out if my
drive has failed or there is a problem with the HASS.  I suppose
the fact that the light blinks doesn't necessarily mean that the
drive is getting power.  I am getting "BAD SYSTEM LOGICAL
SECTOR" errors when I try to boot the system.  I'm not sure
whether this is because the drive is bad or because these
sectors are defined in the system volume set and the system
cannot see them because the drive has not spun-up.  I'm just
looking for any clues before I have to call HP for help ($$$) or
get a new drive and do a reload (bummer)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cary White
Manager - System Administration
Reliant General Insurance Services
San Diego, CA

Got questions?  Get answers over the phone at Keen.com.
Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com