HP3000-L Archives

July 2000, Week 3

From:
Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 17:24:22 EDT
Worried writes:

> I am posting under an alias since I know other people from my company
>  subscribe to the list. I'm curious how other companies handle software
>  licensing? My boss doesn't want to buy additional copies or licenses for
>  OFFICE, REFLECTION, PROJECT, PAGEMAKER.... He simply tells us to load
>  software and forget about it. What are other companies doing about this?

A lot of them are using QCTerm. And I've personally been very impressed with
StarOffice from Sun Microsystems (one bit of advice though, don't bother
downloading it; it takes forever and the download rarely works. The best
thing to do is just buy one copy of the CD). These products are completely
free, thus it's possible to not only be completely legal, moral and ethical,
but a cheapskate as well :-).

Wirt Atmar