HP3000-L Archives

July 2000, Week 3

From:
Paul H Christidis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul H Christidis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 12:33:17 -0700
Richard,

The approach that I've taken in this, is to have our HP3000 page us at
predetermined intervals.  The absence of a page is thus used to indicate of
a potential problem.

We use some pager/dialer freeware from TELAMON, a local command file, an
outgoing modem from our HP and our Sleeper scheduler.

Regards
Paul Christidis

We are in the process of implementing web and phone based registration
and will need to keep our production system up and running 24 x 7, but
do not have the manpower to keep an operator on sight 24 hours a day.

Im looking for some sort of PC based software that can dial a phone or
pager number in the event of a system crash.      Anyone know of
something like this?

Thanks,
Richard Hoffmann
Systems Analyst/Administrator