HP3000-L Archives

July 2000, Week 3

From:
Ted Ashton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ted Ashton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 15:05:19 -0400
Thus it was written in the epistle of Stan Sieler,
> What about the zero-programming solution:
>
>   Use Aadager to make the master an automatic master (which will
>   delete master entries with no associated detail entries),
>   and then turn it back into a manual master.

Hmmmm....  Let's see,

1) Because this needs to be a non-zero-programming solution--it's in the
   middle of an application on which I'm working.
2) Because it needs to be done by someone who doesn't have maintenance access
   to the database.
3) Because the master dataset has more than one field in it.
4) Because, if I'd needed a one-off solution, I'd've probably gone with
   Query or Suprtool a long time ago.

Otherwise, no reason that I can think of :-).

Ted
--
Ted Ashton ([log in to unmask]), Info Sys, Southern Adventist University
Ordinary language is totally unsuited for expressing what physics really