HP3000-L Archives

July 2000, Week 3

From:
Peter Osborne <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Osborne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 13:17:38 -0400
Hello All,

I have some questions about Networking on the HPe3000. I currently have
this network sharing device that works like a router/firewall. All the
devices behind the firewall have a 192.0.0.XXX ip and the Device itself has
a fixed IP on the internet. Now, I have 4 HPe3000's all with fixed internet
ip's outside the firewall. I have Samba & Apache running on all the
HPe3000's & it works fine for a while. Unfortunately, after a while, my pc
will no longer be able to access the Samba shares on a HPe3000. It happens
on all of the 3k's but not simultaneously. Once I lose the share I have to
reboot my pc to regain access to the share. If my pc is outside the
firewall with a fixed ip, I have no problems at all. It is very odd how it
behaves, I cannot find any rhyme or reason for it to stop working. I've
tried  restarting JINETD, but that did nothing. Restarting the network &
jinetd didn't help either.

Any advise on this problem would be greatly appreciated,

Peter (so many boxes, too few ip's) Osborne