HP3000-L Archives

July 2000, Week 3

Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 14:21:09 -0600
Howdy -

We just inherited an HP 3000/967.  After setup and power on, using the
command:

start norecovery group=conf9x72

the system proceeds to boot, but once the message:

Initialize resident kernel completed.

is displayed, the system just hangs, never going any further.  It's
been 15 years since I last worked on an MPE system, so needless to say,
I'm vexed.  Any hints on how to determine what might be wrong?  The
start command was given to us by the folks we got the system from, I
assume it's correct.

I've also gone into ODE and RUN MAPPER, and the output seems to
indicate that there are actually three disks in the system, so I've
also tried "group=conf9x73", with the same result.  Omitting the group
clause altogether results in a system abort.

---dale

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.