HP3000-L Archives

July 2000, Week 2

From:
Per Ostberg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 09:02:54 +0200
Meddelandetext (30 lines)
greetings,
we've been using this on our wan for 3 years+, and, although stable,
easy to setup, easy to maintain, I would have to agree with Gavin and
Wirt in that it would probably not be my first choice (it do add to
complexity, I'm always scared the pc's will die the way pc's tend to do,
and, the remote dtc also seems more vulnerable when we have power and
network problems).
This has been discussed so you might try to search the archives, and, of
course, I'll gladly contribute with whatever knowledge I have.

/per
Per Ostberg  / [log in to unmask]
phone +46-8-58581213 / fax +46-8-58587710
Huddinge University Hospital
ChemLab / C1 74 / S-141 86  HUDDINGE / SWEDEN

> We have the current version of Openview at both ends.  I'm aware of
the configur
> ation settings for the CISCO routers, but it is a political issue AND
Cisco conf