HP3000-L Archives

July 2000, Week 2

From:
Wayne Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 10:54:45 -0500
I've often wondered how an amendment that says, in plain language, "If it
involves religion, Congress can't pass ANY law either for or against it," can be
interpreted to mean "the Federal government gets to decide what religious
practices are allowed in which parts of society."  I guess it's the same
mentality that says "the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be
infringed" means "the people can't own or carry guns unless the government gives
them permission."

Wayne (who just realized his concealed carry permit is due for renewal this
month) Brown

Winston Kriger <[log in to unmask]> on 07/10/2000 07:44:53 PM

Please respond to Winston Kriger <[log in to unmask]>