SCUBA-SE Archives

July 2000

From:
David Strike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 11:15:17 +1000
On Monday, July 10, 2000 11:51 PM, Lee Bell wrote:

(snip)

> > Get off the bloody wagon!   You septics are carrying on like a load of
old
> > washerwomen!  None of it concerned you!

> Personally, I'm not a skeptic

I wrote 'septic', (it's rhyming slang and a pejorative term), as in 'septic
tank' = yank.  (A septic tank is where - for homes without connection to
sewer mains - effluent is broken down.  Try and think of it as a similar
process to the one that goes on between Carl's ears!)

(snip)

> > As *imperialists* you're all fucking amateurs! (As 'real' divers your
> > training system ain't even recognised internationally).  Now stop
> sprouting
> > your bloody catechism and open your minds!

> I kind of feel I've been singled out a bit unjustly.

Lee!  I haven't singled you out at all.  Your post just happened to arrive
while I was in the mood to let off some steam!

> As for my training system, I include YMCA, NAUI, SSI and TDI.  I think
> (actually, know) we have at least one training association in common and
I'm
> pertty sure that all of the agencies whose cards I hold are
internationally
> recognized.

I was referring to commercial diver training.

> Hopefully, this will return us to our more normal level of understanding.
> Your apparent belief that I have judged your actions to be inappropriate
is
> in error.

Lee!  My apologies for offending you.  I certainly didn't view anything that
you might have written as being critical of my actions.  It's just that
yours was the first head to peer over the top of the trench and it was too
tempting a target to ignore! :-)

>The post I am responding to aside, I haven't seen or heard
> anything that suggests any wrong doing or mistakes on your part.

Go read Snarl's posts.

Strike