SCUBA-SE Archives

July 2000

Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 09:27:52 -0500
Technically speaking as I understand it, an inspection facility in the US is
required to reject cylinders that dont have a DOT stamp and they also may
not fill the cylinders.  So it is taught in the official OSHA tank handling
class at least.  The fact that they were filled/inspected at all by a dive
shop was probably a 'nice' thing on their part that could potentially get
them into trouble.

Yes, I know it is exactly the same tank but great legal minds don't require
logical thinking.  Consider the laws in Texas that allow open liquor sales
on one side of the street while it is completely dry on the other.

CH