SCUBA-SE Archives

July 2000

From:
David Strike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 16:39:08 +1000
Those of you who are subscribed to the Tech Diver forum may have noticed a
'debate' about OZTek 2000 - being held in Melbourne over this coming
week-end, 8th & 9th July - and the fact that two of the intended original
participants, Jarrod Jablonski, of the WKPP, and Robert Carmichael, of
Halcyon, have apparently had their invitations withdrawn.

I've read and heard various reasons why this has come about - but am still
really non the wiser!

The reason why I mention this here - just in case anyone's interested -  is
because I'm about to log off for a few days in order to fly down to
Melbourne and act as emcee for the two-day event.  Something that I agreed
to do some months back when JJ was still coming over.

For anyone who may have strong views about the organising - or
dis-organising - of this year's event, let me just say that it was nothing
to do with me!  I'm just a mercenary pawn.  (OK! I'll accept 'prawn'!)  :-)

I'll do a  report on the gizmo's; gadgets; theories; politics and punch-ups
on Tuesday, on my return.  :-)

avagoodweegend

Strike