SCUBA-SE Archives

July 2000

From:
Crusty Russ <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jul 2000 19:55:20 -0500
Hi Sherry and Tim,

you wrote:

> Hi Gang,
>     Tim and I actually went for a dive in the ocean for once...
*snip*
>...The Vis was about 5 meters blurred. I have never seen water that you felt like you needed glasses so you could see clearly. I have seen murky water and black water but not near sighted water;-). I can see why my mother needs glasses:).

Whenever I've encountered 'near-sighted water' it is usually caused from
one or two things:  fresh water combining with salt water or warmer
water mixing with colder water at a thermocline.

*snip rude fisherman info*

>...Tim told me don't let someone like that ruin our dive...

The more I know about Tim the more I like him.  :-)  He's got the right
idea.  Enjoy the dive first...it's the only truly satisfying form of
revenge.  :-)

>...if he [the fisherman] wasn't so gutter mouth I would have invited him for a beer for getting in his way. We still had a great dive, but the next time I see someone fishing I will acknowledge him and let him know that I am out there and if there are any fish and not to go near their line. Oh well you live and learn.
> Cheers
> Sherry and Tim

Good on 'ya for getting in the ocean.  I miss seeing you both and hope
to visit NZ again soon.

Best regards,
Russ