SCUBA-SE Archives

July 2000

From:
Mike Wallace <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 23:19:43 -0500
I believe that there is or was a hammerhead in the New Orleans Aquarium. If
you are ever passing through NOLA, I highly recommend their fish tank.

Speaking of Hammerheads, the Capt of the Wendy Dawn, a dive boat I have been
frequenting in Destin lately told me this past weekend that he was the
largest one he has ever seen circling the boat while the morning group was
on the bottom. It was gone by the time they got back up but he said he did
not waste any time getting them back on board.

I also highly recommend this boat if you happen to be diving in Destin. It's
a nice big six pack boat with a crew that does not hassle you about profiles
and such. They are located in the marina just east of the east pass bridge.
Turn at the info center and head down to the water.

Mike