SCUBA-SE Archives

July 2000

From:
Lee Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 00:09:05 -0400
Michael Doelle wrote:

> Just looked at the ascent rate indicator afterwards. Showed just one
"ascent bar", of
> course.

I wish mine did.  As I recall, my ascent was even slower than Michael's,
until the last few feet.  Understand that Michael and I both tend to ascend
very slowly with frequent pauses just for good measure.  I tend to hand
below the surface until the boat arrives and, when my turn to ascend the
ladder has come, move up to it from below.  This time, my last few feet were
just a bit faster than the Cochran computer liked.  I got an ascent
violation.  It should be interesting for DAN to review that profile.  I'll
bet we took 15 minutes to get to the surface from about 60 feet and I still
got a violation.  Oh well.

Lee